AP Refuses to Correct Article

Post-script added about 6:25 PM on 7/31/12

After the Associated Press got my quote wrong, by saying that I wanted to "phrase out" instead of "phase out" nuclear energy, because of its inherent dangers, and by incorrectly saying that I was less optimistic about my chances for winning than Brad Owen, Bill Finkbeiner and Glenn Anderson, they did not honor my request to write a separate piece about my candidacy, as I may have been the only candidate that had misstated information about themselves, nor did they even acknowledge my request.  Moreover, that incorrect article has been filtered out to several different news outlets and is basically the main article in Washington about this race, thereby giving readers a misleading characterization about my thoughts about the primary and my use of grammar.  I wrote about this before (see "Wahkiakum County, WA" post), but I thought readers of Commoner should know about the aftermath of these "mistakes," since you would think a big news organization would want to have superb credibility.  Apparently not, however.

by Mark Greene, Candidate for Lieutenant Governor

Post-script:  Optimist, the antonym of pessimist, pessimist as in "less than optimistic" (a phrase from the AP story), if used together with the term "long shot" does not make for an oxymoron.  After all, a long shot essentially means someone who has long odds, which does not necessarily mean that the long shot in question thinks he cannot overcome long odds.

If possible, please, consider contributing to campaign: make selections of how you want to donate, or send check or money order to Mark Greene for Lieutenant Governor Comm., P.O. Box 612, Bellevue, WA 98009. Also, Mark is depending on supporters to spread the word about the campaign to get around the media bias regarding non-establishment campaigns. Thank you! Mark is probably the only politician in Washington that had the temerity to keep the 2004 election shenanigans in the news as late as 2011 and to call out names. Elections are too important for shams to be ignored and for accountability to be neglected.

Copyright 2008 - 2012, Party of Commons TM, Good Orthodox Party of Commons TM, Democracy/Commons TM & Commons Party TM

Comments

Popular Posts